The Associated Press
BREAKING: Attorneys: Suspect in Colorado theater shootings will plead not guilty by reason of insanity.
3. Holmes’ current plea is a standard “not guilty,” entered automatically by a judge in March. But the suspected theater shooter’s legal team will formally request to change the plea on May 13. Here’s the court document filed Tuesday:
If the insanity plea is accepted, Holmes — who has a history of psychological treatment — will be put into a state hospital for examination, the AP reports.
- Police are investigating after someone destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star with a sledgehammer early Wednesday.
- The enemy within: Civilians are caught in the crossfire as Iraqi troops move closer to Mosul and face fears of ISIS.
- Apple has delayed shipping its new wireless Airpods headphones that were supposed to go out to iPhone 7 users this month. 🎧
- Donald Trump bashed Hillary Clinton for going to an Adele concert after critics slammed him for promoting his new hotel.