The Associated Press
BREAKING: Attorneys: Suspect in Colorado theater shootings will plead not guilty by reason of insanity.
3. Holmes’ current plea is a standard “not guilty,” entered automatically by a judge in March. But the suspected theater shooter’s legal team will formally request to change the plea on May 13. Here’s the court document filed Tuesday:
If the insanity plea is accepted, Holmes — who has a history of psychological treatment — will be put into a state hospital for examination, the AP reports.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- In the first major lawsuit of his presidency, Donald Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales once again continued to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉