Hugo Chavez won 54 percent of Venezuela’s vote Sunday, defeating challenger Henrique Capriles and granting the United Socialist Party incumbent six more years in office.
The margin was reportedly one of the narrowest of all Chavez’s re-elections. The controversial socialist leader, believed to be recovering from cancer, first became president in 1999.
That means Chavez has been around since the invention of…
2. SisQo’s “Thong Song” (2000)
3. Wikipedia (2001)
6. All of these things (2004-2006)
8. Hulu (2008)
9. Grindr (2009)
12. Psy’s world domination (2012)
- Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz will step down at the end of the party's convention amid an email controversy.
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- Chris Froome has won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴