Hugo Chavez won 54 percent of Venezuela’s vote Sunday, defeating challenger Henrique Capriles and granting the United Socialist Party incumbent six more years in office.
The margin was reportedly one of the narrowest of all Chavez’s re-elections. The controversial socialist leader, believed to be recovering from cancer, first became president in 1999.
That means Chavez has been around since the invention of…
2. SisQo’s “Thong Song” (2000)
3. Wikipedia (2001)
6. All of these things (2004-2006)
8. Hulu (2008)
9. Grindr (2009)
12. Psy’s world domination (2012)
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Plotters of Turkey's failed coup were unhappy with the government's attempt to make peace with Kurdish separatist rebels, a document obtained by BuzzFeed News shows.
- More than 29,000 people have signed a petition for British scientists to keep access to EU projects after Brexit.