1. The 86-year-old Castro unexpectedly showed up at a parliament election polling place in Havana this Sunday.
3. It was a surprise for Cubans and the press — the last time we saw Castro was in still photos in October, when he posed in a garden to fight off rumors of a debilitating stroke.
5. Castro didn’t comment on his own health, but he did comment on the declining health of his friend, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.
7. “It has been a tough battle, but he has been improving. We have to cure him. Chavez is very important for his country and for Latin America.”
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.