This is Mantoloking, New Jersey, a barrier island town pummeled by storm Sandy throughout Monday and early Tuesday. On Wednesday morning, a natural gas fire rekindled in the evacuated borough, wreaking even more havoc. Firefighters are apparently unable to reach the scene because of flooded roads. At least 14 homes have already been destroyed.
3. Smoke from Mantoloking, as seen from neighboring Brick:
4. Mantoloking on Tuesday, after the brunt of the storm:
9. The Mantoloking Bridge, before and after:
top Google Maps, bottom Julio Cortez/AP
- Hillary Clinton is calling on the FBI to release "whatever facts they claim to have" on the newly discovered emails.
- An American Airlines plane caught on fire on the runway Friday afternoon at Chicago's O'Hare airport.
- Russia has been blocked from serving on the UN Human Rights Council in a surprising vote.
- A woman's 85-year-old grandpa was the flower girl at her wedding ❤️