@ajc possible suspicious device at ATL? Not letting anyone through the D concourse…stuck out here
Around 8:40 a.m. Tuesday, an electrical explosion was reported in a maintenance shed at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. The airport’s Concourse D apparently lost power and was evacuated. The Atlanta Fire Department confirmed it was an electrical explosion. There have been no reports of injuries.
3. The local CBS affiliate has footage of people evacuating a plane on the runway:
Shortly after the airport explosion, two bomb threats were made to state buildings near the Georgia State Capitol. The facilities were evacuated.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure 1st-time marchers stick around ✊
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- The Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again after crushing the Steelers. They'll play the Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈