1. This is Christopher Jordan Dorner, a former LAPD officer and U.S. Navy reservist. He was fired from the force in 2008 for making false statements about a superior.
4. Quan’s father, Randal Quan, is a former LAPD captain and lawyer who represented Dorner in front of a disciplinary board when he was fired.
The parking garage where the bodies were found.
7. A massive manhunt for Dorner is now underway. His briefcase and LAPD badge were found Thursday morning in San Diego. It’s believed he was in the area the night before the Riverside shootings, trying to steal a man’s boat to flee to Mexico.
“We’re asking our officers to be extraordinarily cautious just as we’re asking the public to be extraordinarily cautious with this guy. He’s already demonstrated he has a propensity for shooting innocent people. We can’t provide a lot of information now because we’re trying to capture him,” Cmdr. Andrew Smith told the press. “We don’t know where he is. We’re looking for the public’s help to locate this guy. Anybody who sees him or believes they see him or his vehicle should call 911.”
8. Police say Dorner ultimately implicated himself with a 20-page manifesto, in which he threatens police officials and their families. He says he “never had the opportunity to have a family of my own. I’m terminating yours …”
One of multiple license-plate numbers police have issued in connection with Dorner.
I have exhausted all available means at obtaining my name back… This is my last resort. The LAPD has suppressed the truth and it has now lead to deadly consequences.
Self Preservation is no longer important to me. I do not fear death as I died long ago on 1/2/09. I was told by my mother that sometimes bad things happen to good people. I refuse to accept that.
No one grows up and wants to be a cop killer. It was against everything I’ve ever was. As a young police explorer I found my calling in life. But, As a young police officer I found that the violent suspects on the street are not the only people you have to watch.
Terminating officers because they expose a culture of lying, racism (from the academy), and excessive use of force will immediately change. PSB can not police their own and that has been proven. The blue line will forever be severed and a cultural change will be implanted. You have awoken a sleeping giant.
11. A similar incident happened hours later:
BREAKING: Los Angeles police shoot innocent people while guarding a target named in ex-cop’s manifesto.— The Associated Press
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the controversial Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines.
- 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture include: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," and "Hidden Figures" 🎥 🎬
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.