1. Here’s the original Mona Lisa, as we know her:
2. And here’s Mona Lisa, the Prequel:
In late September, the Mona Lisa Foundation presented historical and scientific evidence that it believed verified this version of Mona Lisa was painted by Leonardo da Vinci 10 years before the “Joconde” at the Louvre.
Monday, another piece of evidence was revealed — sort of.
An expert told Reuters that a package of diaries from British collector Hugh Blaker that disappeared in the 1960s could prove the date of the prequel Mona Lisa.
The problem? They’re still nowhere to be found. The diaries were apparently sent to a Washington, D.C., address that never even existed. And later diaries from Blaker somehow ended up in a junk shop.
Whether or not the diaries actually exist, the Mona Lisa prequel remains controversial.
7. The two together:
8. More analysis:
- Six people died and more than 60 were injured in a spree of gun violence in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend.
- Donald Trump's personal $1 million check to a charity was dated the same day he was interviewed by a reporter looking into the funds.
- The show "The Biggest Loser" is under investigation following a report that its contestants were given drugs to aid weight loss.