1. The remembrance event, sponsored by Mayors Against Illegal Guns:
Jane Dougherty’s sister, Mary Sherlach, was killed during the Newton mass shooting.
Saturday, July 20, is the anniversary of the shooting where 12 people were killed and 70 injured.
Rose Richards, with her son Jake, listens to a names of gun violence victims.
Steve Barton, a survivor of the Aurora theater shooting.
Pastor Del Phillips of the House Worship Center prays for victims.
Tom Sullivan, whose son Alex was killed in the Aurora shooting; Carlee Soto; Connie Sanders, daughter of Dave Sanders, killed in the Columbine shooting.
9. The gun rights rally, held a quarter-mile away:
Seth Walters, left, a staffer for the gun rights group Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, works a promotional stand.
Colorado candidate for governor Tom Tancredo wears an NRA hat.
James Rybolt, carrying a .45 Colt pistol.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- Apple is expected to unveil a handful of updates to its Mac line today, including a new MacBook Pro📱 🍎