1. A hot air balloon caught on fire above Luxor, Egypt, killing several foreign tourists Tuesday. Witnesses said they saw the balloon crash into a sugar cane field after hearing a loud explosion.
The launch site shortly before the balloon explosion.
4. Eighteen people died and three were injured, according to the Ministry of Health.
A victim of a balloon accident is seen in a body bag.
5. The local balloon operators’ spokesman and General Mamdough Khaled, Luxor Governate’s director of security, said only two people survived.
Egyptians inspect the site where a hot air balloon exploded.
6. The victims reportedly include nine from Hong Kong, four from Japan, two from France, two from Britain, and two who haven’t yet been identified.
Rescue workers inspect the scene outside al-Dhabaa village.
- UK elections: The Labour Party has dropped to third place in Scotland, but is doing better than expected at holding on to control of English councils 🇬🇧
- U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, a Republican, said he was not ready to endorse Donald Trump for president 🇺🇸
- A jury has found Lonnie Franklin Jr. guilty in the "Grim Sleeper" serial killings of 10 black women in Los Angeles.