1. A hot air balloon caught on fire above Luxor, Egypt, killing several foreign tourists Tuesday. Witnesses said they saw the balloon crash into a sugar cane field after hearing a loud explosion.
The launch site shortly before the balloon explosion.
4. Eighteen people died and three were injured, according to the Ministry of Health.
A victim of a balloon accident is seen in a body bag.
5. The local balloon operators’ spokesman and General Mamdough Khaled, Luxor Governate’s director of security, said only two people survived.
Egyptians inspect the site where a hot air balloon exploded.
6. The victims reportedly include nine from Hong Kong, four from Japan, two from France, two from Britain, and two who haven’t yet been identified.
Rescue workers inspect the scene outside al-Dhabaa village.
- Athletes probably won't break records at the Rio Olympics. Scientists say most top performers have reached the limits of human biology.
- Bernie Sanders' former press secretary says she experienced repeated incidents of racism from other staff while on the campaign trail.
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.