3. “The African lions will be back. They went to another zoo to breed,” an administrator at the People’s Park Zoo explained to the Oriental Daily.
5. Tibetan mastiffs are hugely popular in China, selling for as much as $750,000. Puppies are smuggled in from the Himalayan plateau, despite many veterinarians arguing that the huge dogs are “unsuitable” as household pets in the climate.
Tibetan mastiff puppies!
7. More mistaken identity at the People’s Park Zoo, via users on Sina Weibo:
- U.S. President Barack Obama is in Hiroshima — he's the first sitting president to visit the city where the atomic bomb was dropped 71 years ago.
- A Silicon Valley college faked grades, dodged immigration authorities, and made a fortune, BuzzFeed News has found 💰🎓
- It's a tie! Jairam Hathwar and Nihar Janga are co-champions of the 2016 National Spelling Bee 🏆