2. German swimmers Britta Steffen and Paul Biedermann
Fun fact: They both hold world records — Steffen for women’s 50m and 100m freestyle and Biedermann for both the short and long courses of men’s 200m and 400m freestyle.
3. Shooters Katerina Emmons (Czech Republic) and Matthew Emmons (USA)
The couple married in 2007 after meeting at the 2004 Athens Olympics. Matthew had just finished eighth after firing at the wrong target.
5. Shooters Melissa Mikec (El Salvador) and Damir Mikec (Serbia)
Melissa (far left) told an El Salvador blog that it takes just “one look” from Damir to calm her down and help her recover from a bad shot. The couple met while training in 2005 at Fort Benning in Georgia, home of the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit.
6. Swimmers Jessica Hardy (USA) and Dominik Meichtry (Switzerland)
She just won bronze in women’s 4×100m freestyle. And they’re engaged!
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.