2. German swimmers Britta Steffen and Paul Biedermann
Fun fact: They both hold world records — Steffen for women’s 50m and 100m freestyle and Biedermann for both the short and long courses of men’s 200m and 400m freestyle.
3. Shooters Katerina Emmons (Czech Republic) and Matthew Emmons (USA)
The couple married in 2007 after meeting at the 2004 Athens Olympics. Matthew had just finished eighth after firing at the wrong target.
5. Shooters Melissa Mikec (El Salvador) and Damir Mikec (Serbia)
Melissa (far left) told an El Salvador blog that it takes just “one look” from Damir to calm her down and help her recover from a bad shot. The couple met while training in 2005 at Fort Benning in Georgia, home of the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit.
6. Swimmers Jessica Hardy (USA) and Dominik Meichtry (Switzerland)
She just won bronze in women’s 4×100m freestyle. And they’re engaged!
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱