2. German swimmers Britta Steffen and Paul Biedermann
Fun fact: They both hold world records — Steffen for women’s 50m and 100m freestyle and Biedermann for both the short and long courses of men’s 200m and 400m freestyle.
3. Shooters Katerina Emmons (Czech Republic) and Matthew Emmons (USA)
The couple married in 2007 after meeting at the 2004 Athens Olympics. Matthew had just finished eighth after firing at the wrong target.
5. Shooters Melissa Mikec (El Salvador) and Damir Mikec (Serbia)
Melissa (far left) told an El Salvador blog that it takes just “one look” from Damir to calm her down and help her recover from a bad shot. The couple met while training in 2005 at Fort Benning in Georgia, home of the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit.
6. Swimmers Jessica Hardy (USA) and Dominik Meichtry (Switzerland)
She just won bronze in women’s 4×100m freestyle. And they’re engaged!
- Sebastian Gorka, a national security advisor to President Donald Trump, is reportedly set to leave the White House in the coming weeks.
- An American soldier died in Iraq this weekend after a roadside bomb exploded during a security check, the Pentagon said.
- As the number of terrorist convictions has increased in the UK, so has the concern that other inmates could too be lured into extremism.
- Selena Gomez said the backlash surrounding "13 Reasons Why" "is going to come no matter what" and noted that she's very proud of the series.