idk what’s going on http://t.co/dmorY1JnUf— Bre Singleton
Four firefighters were held hostage at a home in Gwinnett County, Georgia on Thursday.
Five firefighters were initially involved, but the gunman allowed one to leave to move the fire truck.
Reports of a hostage situation emerged shortly after 4:45 p.m. Police say the firefighters were responding to a medical emergency call, but “there was no indication or reason to believe there would be a violent situation” waiting for them.
The home is on Walnut Grove Way in Suwanee, a city about 30 miles northeast of Atlanta.
3. Check back here for updates.
#Gwinett hostage taker made a fake 911 call saying he was having a heart attack, @wsbtv reports.— BuzzFeed News
The firefighter was let go to take the truck away from the house. #Gwinnett— 11Alive News
Updated: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 6:25 p.m. ET:
No indication hostages have been harmed, #Gwinnett fire captain says. (@WSBwebguy)— BuzzFeed News
No residents will be allowed in the neighborhood, may not return home at this time. #Gwinnett— 11Alive News
Updated: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 7:48 p.m. ET:
9. Hostage Situation Has Ended:
RT @CharlieKayeCBS: BREAKING: @CBSNews in Atlanta reports gunman who took firefighters hostage is dead.— BuzzFeed News
BREAKING: Police say gunman dead, one police officer injured, 4 firefighters suffer superficial wounds as hostage situation in Georga ends.— Charlie Kaye
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Donald Trump's pick for health secretary, Tom Price, refused to say at his confirmation hearing whether or not he would cut Medicare and Medicaid.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺