6. She was selected out of 21 female pilots with similar service records.
Government officials began the selection process in 2009. In March 2010, they narrowed down the search to two women. Two years later, they announced their choice. (Her competitor, Wang Yaping, is pictured on the left.)
- It's Inauguration Day — Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America at 12 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- Sweeping government surveillance programs have grown in recent years – and some digital privacy advocates believe that civilian snooping will continue to expand under President Trump's watch.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌