2. BECAUSE IT’S DRIPPING WITH TOXIC CHEMICALS!
Nearly 1,400 pirate costumes en route to Seattle from China were seized after federal inspectors discovered they carried 11 times the legal limit for lead, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
The lead was found in the trim and buttons of the costumes, Today reports.
Buttons are of principal concern to lead inspectors, as young children tend to like chewing on small objects. Lead poisoning in kids can cause vomiting, kidney failure and learning disabilities.
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- After days of deadly riots, Venezuela's president threatened protesters in a bizarre video — while playing catch.
- A recent report found that 6 of the largest soft drinks companies, excluding Coca-Cola, use a combined average of just 6.6% recycled plastic.
- A fan of K-Pop group BTS reimagined the 7-members within the world of Harry Potter and it's magical ✨