2. BECAUSE IT’S DRIPPING WITH TOXIC CHEMICALS!
Nearly 1,400 pirate costumes en route to Seattle from China were seized after federal inspectors discovered they carried 11 times the legal limit for lead, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
The lead was found in the trim and buttons of the costumes, Today reports.
Buttons are of principal concern to lead inspectors, as young children tend to like chewing on small objects. Lead poisoning in kids can cause vomiting, kidney failure and learning disabilities.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳