2. BECAUSE IT’S DRIPPING WITH TOXIC CHEMICALS!
Nearly 1,400 pirate costumes en route to Seattle from China were seized after federal inspectors discovered they carried 11 times the legal limit for lead, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
The lead was found in the trim and buttons of the costumes, Today reports.
Buttons are of principal concern to lead inspectors, as young children tend to like chewing on small objects. Lead poisoning in kids can cause vomiting, kidney failure and learning disabilities.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀