2. BECAUSE IT’S DRIPPING WITH TOXIC CHEMICALS!
Nearly 1,400 pirate costumes en route to Seattle from China were seized after federal inspectors discovered they carried 11 times the legal limit for lead, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
The lead was found in the trim and buttons of the costumes, Today reports.
Buttons are of principal concern to lead inspectors, as young children tend to like chewing on small objects. Lead poisoning in kids can cause vomiting, kidney failure and learning disabilities.
- Rudy Giuliani no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- President Obama has ordered a full review of hacking related to the 2016 election. Officials have alleged Russia used the hacks to interfere with the election.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- In dream jobs: Everyone loves a guy on YouTube going around London reviewing chicken shops 🍗