2. BECAUSE IT’S DRIPPING WITH TOXIC CHEMICALS!
Nearly 1,400 pirate costumes en route to Seattle from China were seized after federal inspectors discovered they carried 11 times the legal limit for lead, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
The lead was found in the trim and buttons of the costumes, Today reports.
Buttons are of principal concern to lead inspectors, as young children tend to like chewing on small objects. Lead poisoning in kids can cause vomiting, kidney failure and learning disabilities.
- We cannot go back: Tribal leaders say they will fight Trump's revival of the Dakota Access and Keystone XL pipelines.
- Mark Zuckerberg denied rumors that he might run for president, telling BuzzFeed News, "I'm focused on building our community at Facebook."
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer at today's White House briefing defended Trump's claim that millions of people voted illegally—but he cited a debunked study.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬