Jon Turteltaub, who is famous for his work on the National Treasure series and the seminal film Cool Runnings has been signed on to direct and develop a movie called Beached. What’s it about? Let’s let The Hollywood Reporter tell you.
Beached centers on a chubby 4-year-old child who falls overboard during a family outing, is raised by whales and goes on to become an Olympic swimmer.
Some questions immediately raised by this premise:
• How does this chubby 4-year-old breathe underwater?
• How do the whales communicate with the kid?
• Is this all somehow a cutting takedown of childhood obesity?
The answer to these and all other questions: WHO CARES?! This is the greatest film premise in history, and is at least as believable as The King’s Speech. Like that would ever happen. (What’s that? No way. Who would choose to go by Bertie?)
Don’t get too excited though. This movie has been in development since 1997, so by next week when the Olympics have further faded from memory it may end up at the bottom of some intern’s desk again.
- Thursday's vote on the GOP health care bill in the House was postponed after it became clear too many Republicans opposed the Obamacare replacement.
- Democrats will try to block Trump's Supreme Court pick, Neil Gorsuch, setting the stage for Republicans to eliminate the judicial filibuster.
- The Republican chair of the House intel committee was forced to apologize after he made public statements about Trump surveillance without consulting anyone.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.