Lest you think that the Yankees were the only ones who knew how to break out a late inning rally, the Athletics of Oakland would like to remind you that they know a thing or two about Hollywood endings (okay, spoiler alert: Moneyball could have ended better for the A’s, but let’s not split hairs). Trailing the Tigers 3-1 in the bottom of the ninth (not to mention trailing them by $76,927,500 in payroll) and facing elimination should they lose, Seth Smith came up to bat with two men on.
And then with two men out, and one man on, the immortal Coco Crisp (greatest name in baseball history) came to bat…
5. Coco and the A’s will live to fight another day. The deciding game in the series will be played tonight in Oakland.
6. Coco looks ready.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 30. "We're still not done," a police official said Friday afternoon.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- Instead of ornaments, a women decorated her Christmas tree with paper angels honoring the biggest stars who died in 2016 🎄