Lest you think that the Yankees were the only ones who knew how to break out a late inning rally, the Athletics of Oakland would like to remind you that they know a thing or two about Hollywood endings (okay, spoiler alert: Moneyball could have ended better for the A’s, but let’s not split hairs). Trailing the Tigers 3-1 in the bottom of the ninth (not to mention trailing them by $76,927,500 in payroll) and facing elimination should they lose, Seth Smith came up to bat with two men on.
And then with two men out, and one man on, the immortal Coco Crisp (greatest name in baseball history) came to bat…
5. Coco and the A’s will live to fight another day. The deciding game in the series will be played tonight in Oakland.
6. Coco looks ready.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food, to faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JP Morgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app, Meitu. Say cheese 📸