5. Adele and Taylor Swift - 1 Song EachAdele and T-Swizzle both checked in with only one song on the list. I can understand “Love Story” being deleted, but why are people embarrassed about “Rolling in the Deep”? It’s a decent song. Or is it not? No? Hold on I have to edit my last.fm page. Offending Songs:
“Rolling in the Deep”
4. Rihanna and Ke$ha - 3 Songs EachThis is the first time I’ve felt bad for Rihanna that’s had nothing to do with Chris Brown. I’m not a fan of hers but can’t we all agree that she’s not nearly as bad as Ke$ha? Certainly not as embarrassing. After all Rihanna’s never claimed to like guys who look like Mick Jagger (although maybe they would have been nicer to her). Offending Songs:
“Only Girl (In the World)”
“Your Love is My Drug”
“Take It Off”
3. Britney Spears and Paramore - 4 Songs EachBritney Spears has been embarrassing music lovers since Hayley Williams and her Paramore bandmates were in grade school. She’s like the Kevin Garnett of embarrassment (a wily and maligned veteran who somehow still has something left in the tank). Also, not for nothing, but I bet Brit would call Charlie Villanueva a cancer patient if she ever got the chance. She seems mean like that. Offending Songs:
“Till the World Ends”
“Hold it Against Me”
“The Only Exception”
2. Katy Perry - 5 SongsI’m shocked (Shocked!) to discover that people are ashamed to listen to a woman who has a music video where fireworks shoot out of her breasts. I don’t know if I want to live in a world where you can’t be proud to like that. Offending Songs:
“I Kissed a Girl”
“Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)”
1. Lady Gaga - 29 SongsTwenty-nine! Ms. Germanotta laps her closest competitor almost six times. If Britney is the Kevin Garnett of embarrassing people, then surely Lady Gaga is the Kobe Bryant. Her dominance is awe-inspiring, but it does raise a question. Is this a bad thing? Sure people seem ashamed to have her in their libraries, but unlike some of the other people on this list it seems like people have her entire discography. Sure they want to hide that fact, but they have it. This same phenomenon can help us understand why Two and a Half Men is the highest rated sitcom on TV, despite the fact that you’ll never meet anyone who watches it. So congratulations, Lady Gaga. Kinda. Offending Songs:
“Born This Way”
“Dance in the Dark”
“The Edge of Glory”
“So Happy I Could Die”
“Marry the Night”
“Boys Boys Boys”
“I Like it Rough”
“Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)”
“Beautiful Dirty Rich”
- Turkey has become a magnet for violence. The country has suffered 434 terror attacks in the last year.
- Since Britain's vote to leave the EU, a series of xenophobic attacks against minority groups in public and online has stunned the country.
- Ready for the U.S. presidential election in November? It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed and you can register here 🇺🇸
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact email@example.com to let us know.