1. A replacement ref tripped the Cowboys’ Kevin Ogletree by throwing his hat at the receiver’s feet:
Refs typically throw their hats onto the field (never this far on, but on) to indicate that a receiver stepped out of bounds and is therefore ineligible. A review of the video shows that Ogletree never stepped out.
Watch the video:
2. Rob Gronkowski made weird faces in his NBC Football photos:
“Did you just fart?”
“Did I just fart?”
3. The Detroit Lions demonstrated excellent “tackling”:
4. The replacement refs didn’t penalize this illegal hit that put Darrius Heyward-Bey in the hospital:
5. Mark Sanchez threw a pass off Tim Tebow’s head:
6. New England’s Steven Gregory got hurdled for a touchdown:
7. The replacement refs gave San Francisco extra timeouts and challenges:
8. Bill Belichick aggressively grabbed an official that he wasn’t happy with:
9. The Bears And Rams briefly looked like two pee-wee teams:
After a review the Rams were awarded the ball. Cortland Finnegan was down by contact before he fumbled.
10. The Lions decided to go for it on fourth down instead of kicking the game-tying field goal. They were unsuccessful:
Final Score: Titans 44 - Lions 41
What’s even worse is that Detroit coach Jim Schwartz says that the team didn’t intend to go for it. They were only trying to make Tennessee jump offsides. Unfortunately the ball got snapped. Oops.
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers in the evening brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 28.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the massive Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight" 🙊
- The trans sister of a Trump inauguration singer must be allowed to use the restroom that fits her gender ID, a judge ruled.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝