1. Florida Gulf Coast, a 15-seed in only its second year of tournament eligibility (the school was only founded in 1991!) defeated powerhouse 2-seed Georgetown.
Florida Gulf Coast led for most of the game, but Georgetown made a comeback down the stretch. Until Brett Comer threw an alley oop that Chase Fieler slammed down. It’s the greatest dunk of this year’s tournament. (And maybe of the last few tournaments.)
4. Let’s look at that from a different angle.
5. Watch the insane dunk in video form here:
6. This bench reaction sums up how everyone who didn’t go to Georgetown felt.
7. After the game FGCU star Sherwood Brown…
8. And Brett Comer posed for photos with fans courtside.
9. And the guys in the FGCU locker room were just a bit happy.
10. But the sweetest moment came when Sherwood Brown, with time still left on the clock but the game very much put away, walked over and shook the announcers’ hands.
And then stepped back and looked at the crowd. He took it all in. He let the biggest moment of his life wash over him.
12. And then he nodded.
Here’s hoping FGCU isn’t done yet.
- More than 700 refugees and migrants are feared dead following three shipwrecks in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Dozens were arrested at a Donald Trump rally in San Diego as protesters clashed with supporters. Trump thanked police for "handling the thugs."
- The World Health Organization has dismissed calls to postpone or cancel this summer's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro because of the Zika virus.