1. Florida Gulf Coast, a 15-seed in only its second year of tournament eligibility (the school was only founded in 1991!) defeated powerhouse 2-seed Georgetown.
Florida Gulf Coast led for most of the game, but Georgetown made a comeback down the stretch. Until Brett Comer threw an alley oop that Chase Fieler slammed down. It’s the greatest dunk of this year’s tournament. (And maybe of the last few tournaments.)
4. Let’s look at that from a different angle.
5. Watch the insane dunk in video form here:
6. This bench reaction sums up how everyone who didn’t go to Georgetown felt.
7. After the game FGCU star Sherwood Brown…
8. And Brett Comer posed for photos with fans courtside.
9. And the guys in the FGCU locker room were just a bit happy.
10. But the sweetest moment came when Sherwood Brown, with time still left on the clock but the game very much put away, walked over and shook the announcers’ hands.
And then stepped back and looked at the crowd. He took it all in. He let the biggest moment of his life wash over him.
12. And then he nodded.
Here’s hoping FGCU isn’t done yet.
- Republican members of Congress face angry town halls flooded with voters opposing the repeal of Obamacare and other parts of the Trump agenda.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.