After 9 hours of deliberation the jury found Dr. Conrad Murray guilty of involuntary manslaughter. The maximum sentence that this can carry is 4 years. The crowd outside the courthouse erupted into applause as the verdict was read.
Dr. Murray was remanded into custody without bail where he will be held pending sentencing. He will be sentenced on Tuesday, November 29th at 8:30 am.
3. The view outside the courtroom in recent days…
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈