8. Good Job, Good Effort Kid
After the Heat lost to the Celtics at home in the playoffs, things looked dire. Of course, the Heat would go on to win the series and eventually the title, but on the night of the loss, one innocent child fan’s yells of “Good job! Good effort!” caught America’s imagination.
11. That’s a Clown Question, Bro
When a Canadian reporter asked then 19-year-old Bryce Harper what his favorite beer was, Harper responded with this now famous quote: “That’s a clown question, bro.” The meme even transcended the Internet and baseball when Senator Harry Reid used the phrase.
12. Mom Made Pizza Rolls
OK, this one probably doesn’t count as a meme, but it’s the single greatest sports image macro of the year, so it gets included. Also because Harden looks like a muppet.
- US Republicans are working overnight trying to finalize a deal that'd allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for the London attack through its news agency, calling the assailant its "soldier."
- An American-Israeli teen has been arrested in relation to bomb threats to Jewish institutions so far this year, the FBI says.
- A Russian former MP and Putin critic was shot and killed outside an upscale hotel in Ukraine Thursday.