1. Liu Xiang Hops To Finish His Race And Kisses The Final Hurdle
China’s Liu Xiang had won gold in the 110m hurdles in Athens, but since then had fought Achilles issues. At the first hurdle in London, he crashed and fell to the ground gripping the back of his foot. He began to hop off the track and down the tunnel before stopping, and turning back. He hopped the rest of the race, stopping only to kiss the final hurdle.
2. Shin A Lam Stands Defiant After Being Screwed Out Of A Chance For Gold
When a controversial ruling cost Korea’s Shin A Lam a chance at gold in the women’s individual épée fencing, she refused to leave the floor as that would be taken as a sign she accepted the ruling. So she filed an appeal and stayed on the piste for 45 minutes. When a judge came to tell her that her appeal had been denied, rather than go with him, she climbed back onto the platform and stood, defiant.
3. McKayla Maroney’s Jaw Dropping Vault
4. No Really, The Judge’s Jaw Dropped
5. Nick “I Look Like Zack Morris Or Every Single ’80s Movie Villain” Delpopolo
Delpopolo was later disqualified for testing positive for marijuana.
7. Fast And Furious Table Tennis!
8. Disappointed But Impressed Korean Archery Coach Is Disappointed But Impressed
9. Valentina Vezzali’s Awesome Fencing Celebration
10. Handball Death From Above (Or Definitive Proof That Handball Is Awesome)
11. The Weirdest Spanish Basketball Fan That Ever Existed
Is that a sausage in his mouth?
12. Infinite Olympic Trampolining!
13. The Most Important Moment Of The Opening Ceremony: That Guy Who Invented The Internet
14. The Second Most Important Moment Of The Opening Ceremony: James Bond And Corgis
15. The Only Important Part Of The Closing Ceremony: Posh Being Posh
16. When The US Men’s Basketball Team Wins, Coach K Is Happy
17. Rockstar Usain Bolt: Cause
18. Rockstar Usain Bolt: Effect
19. Prankster Usain Bolt
20. Hope Solo’s Monster Gold Medal Save
21. American Claressa Shields Knows How To Celebrate
22. Nic Batum Hates Juan Carlos Navarro’s Balls
23. The Brutal World Of Race Walking
24. Kobe And LeBron: BFFs
25. Let Me Show You The Dance Of My People: The Independent Olympic Athletes
26. The Surprisingly Awesome World Of Rhythmic Gymnastics
27. No Seriously, This Is Crazy
28. This Gymnastics Coach Doesn’t Know How To Make A Heart With Her Hands
29. Gabby Douglas Kicked Ass
30. Aly Raisman’s Gold Medal Floor Routine
31. This Is Michael Phelps’ Last Medal Ceremony So Hold His Hand
32. One Last Gold
33. Michael Phelps: Olympic Hero
Hearing the National Anthem from the podium one last time.
All GIFs made by BuzzFeed.
- Donald Trump just announced he will "totally accept" the election results….if he wins.
- People are really pissed over this "Grab Her By The Brain" campaign based on Donald Trump's comments about women.
- Think before you trust Facebook: Hyperpartisan pages are posting false or misleading information up to 38% of the time 💻⁉️
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.