The New Orleans Hornets have announced that they will likely be changing their name to the New Orleans Pelicans. Originally that decision was met with doubts and scoffs, but that was before anyone saw what a designer could do with the concept. Enter 99designs.com, a community-based design website that is currently holding a contest for its users to try to create a logo to fit the team’s new name. So after you check out some of my favorite designs, you should go over to 99designs and vote. Now on to my favorites.
1. The “Cool Guy” Pelican
6. The “A Scary Red Eye Isn’t Half As Scary As Satan’s Joker” Pelican
11. The “I Just Stole This Ball, No I Don’t Mean In The Defensive Basketball Play Sense” Pelican
14. The “I’m Just Chilling In Front Of This Basketball, What’s Up With You?” Pelican
- Apple just unveiled lighter, thinner MacBooks with touch-sensitive panels for instant emoji access (and other uses) 💻✨
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀