The New Orleans Hornets have announced that they will likely be changing their name to the New Orleans Pelicans. Originally that decision was met with doubts and scoffs, but that was before anyone saw what a designer could do with the concept. Enter 99designs.com, a community-based design website that is currently holding a contest for its users to try to create a logo to fit the team’s new name. So after you check out some of my favorite designs, you should go over to 99designs and vote. Now on to my favorites.
1. The “Cool Guy” Pelican
6. The “A Scary Red Eye Isn’t Half As Scary As Satan’s Joker” Pelican
11. The “I Just Stole This Ball, No I Don’t Mean In The Defensive Basketball Play Sense” Pelican
14. The “I’m Just Chilling In Front Of This Basketball, What’s Up With You?” Pelican
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱