The New Orleans Hornets have announced that they will likely be changing their name to the New Orleans Pelicans. Originally that decision was met with doubts and scoffs, but that was before anyone saw what a designer could do with the concept. Enter 99designs.com, a community-based design website that is currently holding a contest for its users to try to create a logo to fit the team’s new name. So after you check out some of my favorite designs, you should go over to 99designs and vote. Now on to my favorites.
1. The “Cool Guy” Pelican
6. The “A Scary Red Eye Isn’t Half As Scary As Satan’s Joker” Pelican
11. The “I Just Stole This Ball, No I Don’t Mean In The Defensive Basketball Play Sense” Pelican
14. The “I’m Just Chilling In Front Of This Basketball, What’s Up With You?” Pelican
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏