After Chris Culliver’s controversial comments about gays in the NFL, USA Today talked to 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks about his role in the 49ers’ “It Gets Better” video.
4. The reporter from USA Today told Brooks that he had seen the video, but Brooks didn’t back down.
5. And then he was shown the video:
6. Brooks’ response:
7. The reporter pressed Brooks, reminding him of studies that highlight how prevalent teenage bullying over sexual identity is, to which Brooks responded…
8. When the reporter went to Isaac Sopoaga (who also appears in the video), another teammate Will Tukuafu stepped in.
9. Sopoaga did just what Brooks did. He denied it…
10. And then he was shown the video:
12. He was told it was to help prevent bullying against teens due to their sexual orientation.
13. I wonder what Chris Culliver would think about all this…
- Donald Trump slammed the CIA after reports that the agency believes Russia used hacks to try to help him win.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- Fire investigators have ruled out a refrigerator as the cause of a warehouse fire that killed 36 people in Oakland, California.
- The world's oldest known breeding seabird just laid another egg. Her name is Wisdom and she's 66 🐦