After Chris Culliver’s controversial comments about gays in the NFL, USA Today talked to 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks about his role in the 49ers’ “It Gets Better” video.
4. The reporter from USA Today told Brooks that he had seen the video, but Brooks didn’t back down.
5. And then he was shown the video:
6. Brooks’ response:
7. The reporter pressed Brooks, reminding him of studies that highlight how prevalent teenage bullying over sexual identity is, to which Brooks responded…
8. When the reporter went to Isaac Sopoaga (who also appears in the video), another teammate Will Tukuafu stepped in.
9. Sopoaga did just what Brooks did. He denied it…
10. And then he was shown the video:
12. He was told it was to help prevent bullying against teens due to their sexual orientation.
13. I wonder what Chris Culliver would think about all this…
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳