After Chris Culliver’s controversial comments about gays in the NFL, USA Today talked to 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks about his role in the 49ers’ “It Gets Better” video.
4. The reporter from USA Today told Brooks that he had seen the video, but Brooks didn’t back down.
5. And then he was shown the video:
6. Brooks’ response:
7. The reporter pressed Brooks, reminding him of studies that highlight how prevalent teenage bullying over sexual identity is, to which Brooks responded…
8. When the reporter went to Isaac Sopoaga (who also appears in the video), another teammate Will Tukuafu stepped in.
9. Sopoaga did just what Brooks did. He denied it…
10. And then he was shown the video:
12. He was told it was to help prevent bullying against teens due to their sexual orientation.
13. I wonder what Chris Culliver would think about all this…
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."