China’s Yi Siling is having a pretty good day. The 23-year-old came into the London Olympics as a heavy favorite to win gold in the 10m Air Rifle, and she did not disappoint. She staged a come from behind effort to take down eventual silver medalist Sylwia Bogacka of Poland. When speaking after the event Yi was all excitement.
“I’m very happy. I want to say thanks to China, to my mother and father.
I’m very excited and happy. I have been shooting since I was 13-years-old.
I’ve been up since 5am this morning. There was a lot of pressure on me.”
3. Plus she’s gracious. This is Yi right after her name was called to step up onto the podium.
4. Celebration Time:
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by the standards of the position.
- A Trump adviser is presenting himself as an unlikely go-between in an effort to help global elites understand Trump.
- Birth control startups are seeing a spike in demand because many women are nervous coverage will disappear under Trump.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 millions declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚