China’s Yi Siling is having a pretty good day. The 23-year-old came into the London Olympics as a heavy favorite to win gold in the 10m Air Rifle, and she did not disappoint. She staged a come from behind effort to take down eventual silver medalist Sylwia Bogacka of Poland. When speaking after the event Yi was all excitement.
“I’m very happy. I want to say thanks to China, to my mother and father.
I’m very excited and happy. I have been shooting since I was 13-years-old.
I’ve been up since 5am this morning. There was a lot of pressure on me.”
3. Plus she’s gracious. This is Yi right after her name was called to step up onto the podium.
4. Celebration Time:
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- In case you missed it: Trump and Clinton roasted each other at a charity dinner and it was awkward AF 😬
- A Mexican judge has approved the extradition of drug cartel leader Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán to the United States.
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.