China’s Yi Siling is having a pretty good day. The 23-year-old came into the London Olympics as a heavy favorite to win gold in the 10m Air Rifle, and she did not disappoint. She staged a come from behind effort to take down eventual silver medalist Sylwia Bogacka of Poland. When speaking after the event Yi was all excitement.
“I’m very happy. I want to say thanks to China, to my mother and father.
I’m very excited and happy. I have been shooting since I was 13-years-old.
I’ve been up since 5am this morning. There was a lot of pressure on me.”
3. Plus she’s gracious. This is Yi right after her name was called to step up onto the podium.
4. Celebration Time:
- President Obama has ordered a full review of hacking activity related to the 2016 election. Intelligence officials have alleged Russia used the hacks to interfere with the election.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president. Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway says he will do it in his "leisure time."
- More than 1,000 Russian athletes — including four gold medalists — have been involved in a doping conspiracy, a new report says.