China’s Yi Siling is having a pretty good day. The 23-year-old came into the London Olympics as a heavy favorite to win gold in the 10m Air Rifle, and she did not disappoint. She staged a come from behind effort to take down eventual silver medalist Sylwia Bogacka of Poland. When speaking after the event Yi was all excitement.
“I’m very happy. I want to say thanks to China, to my mother and father.
I’m very excited and happy. I have been shooting since I was 13-years-old.
I’ve been up since 5am this morning. There was a lot of pressure on me.”
3. Plus she’s gracious. This is Yi right after her name was called to step up onto the podium.
4. Celebration Time:
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He thought two of them were Middle Eastern, but they weren't.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝