According to the Associated Press a tragic suicide occurred at this weekend’s NRA 500 NASCAR race in Texas.
A medical examiner says a man who died in the infield during the NRA 500 at Texas Motor Speedway shot himself in the head.
The Tarrant County (Texas) medical examiner’s office on Sunday said the death of 42-year-old Kirk Franklin of Saginaw, Texas, was a suicide.
Fort Worth police have said a man who was camping in the infield died of a “self-inflicted injury” after getting into an argument with other campers. The incident happened late in the Sprint Cup race.
3. The National Rifle Association has yet to release a statement, but the event’s champion shooting guns into the air in celebration shortly after the tragedy doesn’t make for a great photo op.
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."