According to the Associated Press a tragic suicide occurred at this weekend’s NRA 500 NASCAR race in Texas.
A medical examiner says a man who died in the infield during the NRA 500 at Texas Motor Speedway shot himself in the head.
The Tarrant County (Texas) medical examiner’s office on Sunday said the death of 42-year-old Kirk Franklin of Saginaw, Texas, was a suicide.
Fort Worth police have said a man who was camping in the infield died of a “self-inflicted injury” after getting into an argument with other campers. The incident happened late in the Sprint Cup race.
3. The National Rifle Association has yet to release a statement, but the event’s champion shooting guns into the air in celebration shortly after the tragedy doesn’t make for a great photo op.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Uber finally laid out hard rules for riders: No guns, sex, or barfing, please 🚗❌