According to the Associated Press a tragic suicide occurred at this weekend’s NRA 500 NASCAR race in Texas.
A medical examiner says a man who died in the infield during the NRA 500 at Texas Motor Speedway shot himself in the head.
The Tarrant County (Texas) medical examiner’s office on Sunday said the death of 42-year-old Kirk Franklin of Saginaw, Texas, was a suicide.
Fort Worth police have said a man who was camping in the infield died of a “self-inflicted injury” after getting into an argument with other campers. The incident happened late in the Sprint Cup race.
3. The National Rifle Association has yet to release a statement, but the event’s champion shooting guns into the air in celebration shortly after the tragedy doesn’t make for a great photo op.
- Mahershala Ali won Best Supporting Actor for his role in "Moonlight." He's the first Muslim actor to win an Oscar 🏆👏
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲