1. We recently learned that Dennis Rodman and a collection of Harlem Globetrotters had gone to North Korea to play basketball exhibitions for dictator Kim Jong-Un.
2. But until now, we had to use our imaginations to paint a picture of the entertained dictator. No more, thanks to Vice.
Look how tickled he is! He hasn’t been this happy since that time his dad publicly executed those people for reading (reading!) South Korean propaganda leaflets.
But lest you be offended by the idea of Americans going to North Korea to entertain an evil leader while his people starve and are subject to a brutal and inhumane system of gulags and repression, Rodman had some thoughts.
7. So apparently if this guy…
8. Dressed more like this…
It would have been totally fine for Americans to go entertain him during the height of the Soviet Union’s brutal purges.
10. (Also, I for one was shocked that this guy felt the need to utter the words “I’m not a politician.”)
- U.S. President Barack Obama said that world leaders at the G7 summit are "rattled" by the rise of Donald Trump — and rightly so.
- The UK will be the first country to issue letters for same-sex couples abroad to ensure their next-of-kin rights are upheld.
- And these Syrians have returned home after surviving the siege that destroyed Homs, the third-largest city in the country.