Kobe Bryant is a giant, unapologetic asshole. For a long time, it was one of the primary pieces of evidence I would use to rail against the Cult Of Kobe ™. But then in 2010 something terrible happened. Something unspeakable. Something that rhymes with “Buh Precision.” Suddenly Kobe’s douchebaggery seemed so much more honest than all the flip-flopping and “image control” that guys like LeBron tend to give into. This has only become more of a problem in the light of Dwight Howard’s 2011 campaign trail of “love me while I piss on Orlando.”
You’d expect that it would take a guy like Kobe a few weeks to play himself back into “amazing interview” shape, but he was on fire last night.
3. Kobe on the 2005-2007 Lakers:
4. And then when someone told him about the Yankee’s comeback last night, Kobe, who is both a Yankee fan and a good friend of A-Rod (Germany buddies!) had this to say:
Of course! Kobe would side with the individual, even if the move helped the team win. Has there ever been a more Kobe stance to take? I can’t help but love this guy. What a magnificent prick!
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲