This an insanely awesome commercial for a lot of reasons, but is it the best ever? Let’s break it down.
4. The Half-Suit
5. Clayton’s Olympic-Level Form On The Bed Jump
6. Clayton’s Living Situation
There are only two possible cons here that would keep this from being the best SportsCenter commercial ever.
• It is totally possible (some would say likely) that Clayton doesn’t actually have a ponytail and that hair and makeup were employed. After all, it’s pretty unlikely that he lives with his mom in real life, though it makes for a funny moment. (ESPN personality most likely to live with his or her parents? Stephen A. Smith, no questions asked. That persona only comes from having an overbearing mother who is constantly telling you how great you are.) I choose to believe he does have a ponytail in real life though, because I want to believe that there is still magic in the world.
The other thing working against this video’s case for the top spot?
8. The existence of this commercial:
Follow me. Follow me to freedom (and to John Clayton’s ponytail).
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure 1st-time marchers stick around ✊
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- The Atlanta Falcons are off to the Super Bowl for the 2nd time after defeating the Green Bay Packers 🏈