1. Sixteen years ago, a fourth grader in California wrote this letter to his future self.
“Then [I will] go to the pros and play on the Niners or the Packers.”
2. That young fourth grader was Colin Kaepernick, who, now standing 6 feet 4 inches, led the San Francisco 49ers over the New England Patriots on Sunday Night Football last night.
3. Moral of the story: If you ever meet Colin Kaepernick, ask him for lottery numbers.
H/T Bryan A Graham.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- White supremacist Richard Spencer rented space in Alexandria, Virginia, that he intends to use as a hub for the alt-right, sparking outrage and complaints from neighbors.
- 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture include: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," and "Hidden Figures" 🎥 🎬