Let me start by saying that every one of these games between the Texas Rangers and St. Louis Cardinals has been awesome. This has been an amazing series that should serve as a tremendous commercial for the game of baseball and help to create a whole new generation of fans. Unfortunately the games start so late that no kids were awake to see the magic. Great job MLB.
Last night’s game began with the Rangers leading the best of 7 series 3-2 and the hometown Cardinals one game away from elimination.
Jaime Garcia had a rough start for the Cards.
As evidenced here.
Colby Lewis didn’t fare much better.
The teams traded runs until the 7th when The Rangers hit back to back home runs and ended up scoring 3 runs. Taking a 7-4 lead.
Nelson Cruz was really happy about it.
Albert Pujols was not.
But Albert keeps the faith.
17. Bottom of the 9th. 2 Outs. Down 7-5. Men on First And Second. Down to their last strike of the season.
Enter David Freese
Exit Nelson Cruz’s ability to field.
Freese triples in Albert Pujols and Lance Berkman to tie the game.
23. Top Of The 10th. 7-7. Man on first.
Josh Hamilton hits a two-run home run.
32. Bottom Of The 10th. Down 9-7. One Out. Men on Second and Third.
Ryan Theriot grounds out but a run scores.
33. Bottom of The 10th. Down 9-8. Two Outs. Down to their last strike. Men on First and Second.
Lance Berkman singles in the tying run
37. Bottom of The 11th. 9-9. No outs. No one on base.
David Freese returns with an encore. A walk-off solo home run.
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.