Last night, thanks to those evil geniuses/our friends at Deadspin, we learned about a slightly bizarre Twitter direct message exchange that occurred between a senior in high school and Knicks swingman J.R. Smith in Philadelphia back in January.
Even though the exchange may seem tawdry, the Pennsylvania age of consent means that J.R. was not doing anything illegal, just kinda gross. And there’s no indication he KNEW how old she was.
So if you’re a single NBA player, how do you respond? Do you claim you were hacked? Do you issue an apology?
5. Do you take to your Instagram account and make an offhand joke about that time you propositioned a high school girl for sex? Guess which one J.R. chose…
7. I don’t know, J.R. That’s pretty lighthearted for bluntly propositioning a high school girl.
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he's voting for Hillary Clinton, joining a growing list of top-ranking Republicans who are breaking rank.
- Apple's annual sales have fallen for the first time in 15 years... but the company still makes $100M every day 🍎📉
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️