1. A few weeks ago at a high school football game in Ohio, St. Clairsville was comfortably beating their rival Edison when they handed the ball off to senior star running back (and future Michigan Wolverine) Michael Ferns.
2. Ferns, who had already scored 11 touchdowns on the year, broke through the line, then broke multiple tackles.
3. It appeared Ferns was headed for number 12.
4. But then he stepped out of bounds at the one-yard-line.
5. The referees attempted to award him a touchdown, but St. Clairsville players argued that their back had stepped out of bounds, and refs acquiesced.
6. It was at that point that St. Clairsville’s coach Brett McLean called for freshman Logan Thompson to enter the game.
7. Thompson’s father had died of a stroke two days earlier. The freshman hadn’t played much on varsity and had never lined up at running back before. So McClean told him the play as simply as possible: “Just follow Ferns.”
8. And that’s exactly what Thompson did.
9. After the play Ferns and Thompson embraced.
10. And after the game Thompson took to Twitter to share the moment with his late father.
11. Watch the video here:
- At least 38 people are dead and more than 160 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's interior minister said.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- "Saturday Night Live" revealed Donald Trump's newest pick to lead the Drug Enforcement Agency: Walter White.