Sports Illustrated sat down with A Song Of Ice And Fire (Game Of Thrones) author George R.R. Martin to talk sports. In one exchange the interviewer asked, “What about the families: Are the Starks, say, the Green Bay Packers?”
2. Martin: “The Starks are heroes, so they would be the Giants.”
The reporter followed up, “And the Patriots, the archenemies?”
4. Martin: “Maybe those would be the Lannisters.”
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- US officials have determined al-Qaeda likely influenced suspected New York City bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami.