Sports Illustrated sat down with A Song Of Ice And Fire (Game Of Thrones) author George R.R. Martin to talk sports. In one exchange the interviewer asked, “What about the families: Are the Starks, say, the Green Bay Packers?”
2. Martin: “The Starks are heroes, so they would be the Giants.”
The reporter followed up, “And the Patriots, the archenemies?”
4. Martin: “Maybe those would be the Lannisters.”
- More than 35 people have died in a suicide bombing attack on Istanbul's international airport, Turkish officials said.
- German leader Angela Merkel said the UK can't expect to keep privileges once it leaves the EU.
- More athletes — nearly all of them golfers — have pulled out of the Rio Olympics over Zika virus concerns.