1. Derek Jeter has been rehabbing an injured ankle this off-season, so it’s not surprising that he hasn’t had time to work out. What is surprising is that he’s somehow eaten Alex Rodriguez.
4. As is usually the case, the New York Post had the most nuanced take on the situation.
5. We couldn’t have said it better ourselves.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.