1. During halftime of last night’s game, Bob Costas took a minute to address the Jovan Belcher situation, and gun control.
2. Many on Twitter were furious with Costas…
4. But I for one was impressed by his candor, and his timing. Too often we accuse people of “politicizing a tragedy,” when in fact what they’re doing is exploring how that tragedy could have been avoided at the time when those questions are best asked.
5. Gun control is a complicated issue, but if this isn’t a time to address it, I don’t know what is. So to Costas and Jason Whitlock:
- A Cincinnati zoo is defending its decision to kill a gorilla after a boy fell into an exhibit.
- Former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Edward Snowden performed a "public service" leaking surveillance secrets.
- The GOP spent years building a Latino outreach project. Now Republicans worry it died with Donald Trump's nomination.