1. During halftime of last night’s game, Bob Costas took a minute to address the Jovan Belcher situation, and gun control.
2. Many on Twitter were furious with Costas…
4. But I for one was impressed by his candor, and his timing. Too often we accuse people of “politicizing a tragedy,” when in fact what they’re doing is exploring how that tragedy could have been avoided at the time when those questions are best asked.
5. Gun control is a complicated issue, but if this isn’t a time to address it, I don’t know what is. So to Costas and Jason Whitlock:
- Protesters climbed Berlin's Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.