2. WHA?! See it again in GIF form.
3. So who is the groper? Can we identify this frisky ballplayer?
First, we know he has sunglasses on his hat and a red armband on his left arm.
4. Next, by going frame by frame, we can figure out that his jersey number is probably 9.
This would make it Tribe third baseman (and Lonnie Chisenhall’s platoon-mate) Jack Hannahan.
5. Confirmation: Red armband, glasses, Number 9.
6. End of story, right? Well maybe. But once the scrum died down, Jack Hannahan didn’t immediately head back to the dugout. He… Uh… Lingered.
7. This totally real, completely non-doctored* photo is of the dirt around third base from a game earlier this season when Jack Hannahan had started.
Love is a beautiful thing.
*Totally fake and completely doctored photo.
8. There does look to be a second groper, but he ends up going with a “regular” butt tap.
Sports are weird.
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival has turned into a total shitshow. "I think the festival took on a life of its own," the event's co-founder said 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- We found an average of about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯