1. This Is Swiss soccer player Michel Morganella playing against South Korea in the Olympics. Despite selling one of the worst dives in soccer history, the Swiss would end up losing this game 2-1.
2. Following the game, Morganella tweeted the following:
3. Which roughly translates to:
Translation according to 101 Great Goals. According to the AP the tweet was a combination of a French slang called verlan and a text-message style of writing. Other translations have Morganella saying South Koreans “can go burn” and that he actually called them a “bunch of mongoloids.” Regardless, it’s bad.
4. Shortly after sending that tweet, Morganella deleted his Twitter account.
5. Morganella was sent home by Switzerland.
Gilli also added that Morganella was responding to negative tweets his account received from Korean fans, though he did not say that this excused the player’s tweet.
6. Morganella released a statement of apology through the Swiss Olympic Committee.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️
- Chipotle is finally adding dessert to its menu and cinnamon, honey, and caramel butter dipping sauce will be involved 😋