1. This is Slugger. The mascot of the Kansas City Royals.
2. Since 1985, the team hasn’t had much to cheer about.
Which must be hard for Slugger. Considering a mascot’s primary job is to cheer.
But in times when cheering is hard, people turn to a lot of different vices. Drugs. Alcohol.
Or as this tweet brought to us by Deadspin yesterday points out: WOMEN.
8. So what’s the story here? One person on Twitter had the inside scoop.
The moral of the story: The former Kansas City Royals mascot liked to get freaky in costume.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.