1. This is Slugger. The mascot of the Kansas City Royals.
2. Since 1985, the team hasn’t had much to cheer about.
Which must be hard for Slugger. Considering a mascot’s primary job is to cheer.
But in times when cheering is hard, people turn to a lot of different vices. Drugs. Alcohol.
Or as this tweet brought to us by Deadspin yesterday points out: WOMEN.
8. So what’s the story here? One person on Twitter had the inside scoop.
The moral of the story: The former Kansas City Royals mascot liked to get freaky in costume.
- Turkey has become a magnet for violence. The country has suffered 434 terror attacks in the last year.
- Since Britain's vote to leave the EU, a series of xenophobic attacks against minority groups in public and online has stunned the country.
- Ready for the U.S. presidential election in November? It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed and you can register here 🇺🇸