1. This is Slugger. The mascot of the Kansas City Royals.
2. Since 1985, the team hasn’t had much to cheer about.
Which must be hard for Slugger. Considering a mascot’s primary job is to cheer.
But in times when cheering is hard, people turn to a lot of different vices. Drugs. Alcohol.
Or as this tweet brought to us by Deadspin yesterday points out: WOMEN.
8. So what’s the story here? One person on Twitter had the inside scoop.
The moral of the story: The former Kansas City Royals mascot liked to get freaky in costume.
- Actor Gene Wilder, who starred in classics like "Willy Wonka" and "Blazing Saddles," has died at 83.
- Some of Europe's most vulnerable children are seeking refuge in the UK only to disappear from care and possibly fall into the clutches of people-traffickers.