Manti Te’o reportedly spoke to his fake girlfriend “Lennay Kekua” on the phone for 500 hours. Let’s put that in perspective.
1. In 500 hours, you could watch “Zero Dark Thirty” zero dark 187.5 times.
2. Or you could not watch “Movie 43” 171.4 times.
That’s right. Movie 43 is 15 minutes LONGER than Zero Dark Thirty.
3. In 500 hours, you could watch every episode of “Lost” five times. And get a good start on a sixth. Walt!
4. Or you could watch “The Simpsons” straight through (all 24 seasons!) 2.6 times.
5. If the BCS National Championship had been expanded to 500 hours and scoring continued at the same rate, Alabama would have beaten Notre Dame 21,000-7,000. Also, many players would probably have been injured or collapsed from exhaustion.
6. In 500 hours, you could listen to The Proclaimers’ “I Would Walk 500 Miles” 8,295 times.
7. Or you could actually walk 1,251 miles — from Union Square in New York to Albany, Minnesota, if you were walking at a pace of 2.502 miles per hour, you don’t need to stop to sleep, and can walk through water.
In summary, Manti Te’o really spent a LOT of time talking to a fake girlfriend he’d never met.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏