1. All 3 Star Wars Prequels Were Released
And The Phantom Menace was re-released.
2. Michael Jordan Retired… Twice.
3. George W. Bush Was Elected President
4. Pete Sampras Won 4 Wimbledon Titles
5. “Titanic” Was Released In Theaters
And re-released in 3D.
6. News of Bill Clinton’s Affair With Monica Lewinsky Broke
7. LeBron James Turned 13.
8. Mark McGwire And Sammy Sosa Chased Roger Maris’ Home Run Record
McGwire ended the season with 70 home runs, while Sosa finished with 66.
9. Jay-Z Has Released 10 Studio Albums
10. The Diamondbacks And Devil Rays Joined Major League Baseball
11. Bill Simmons Started His Boston Sports Guy Column On AOL’s Digital City Boston
12. “…Baby One More Time” Was Released
13. Y2K Was A Bust
14. Tiger Woods Won 13 Of His 14 Majors
15. The Internet Changed A Lot
- Donald Trump responded to the father of a fallen Muslim American soldier who criticized him at the DNC, saying, "I've made a lot of sacrifices."
- Luke Aikins became the first skydiver to successfully jump out of a plane without a parachute. He landed on a net 🌎💪
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.