1. All 3 Star Wars Prequels Were Released
And The Phantom Menace was re-released.
2. Michael Jordan Retired… Twice.
3. George W. Bush Was Elected President
4. Pete Sampras Won 4 Wimbledon Titles
5. “Titanic” Was Released In Theaters
And re-released in 3D.
6. News of Bill Clinton’s Affair With Monica Lewinsky Broke
7. LeBron James Turned 13.
8. Mark McGwire And Sammy Sosa Chased Roger Maris’ Home Run Record
McGwire ended the season with 70 home runs, while Sosa finished with 66.
9. Jay-Z Has Released 10 Studio Albums
10. The Diamondbacks And Devil Rays Joined Major League Baseball
11. Bill Simmons Started His Boston Sports Guy Column On AOL’s Digital City Boston
12. “…Baby One More Time” Was Released
13. Y2K Was A Bust
14. Tiger Woods Won 13 Of His 14 Majors
15. The Internet Changed A Lot
- Scientists and supporters marched to fight against perceived hostility from Trump — with delightfully nerdy signs 🤓
- North Korea threatened Australia with a nuclear strike over its alliance with the United States.
- The police officer killed by a terrorist on the Champs-Élysées in Paris is being remembered as a defender of LGBT rights and a patriot.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.