Former FIFA president Brazilian Joao Havelange.
Today, thanks to a Swiss prosecutor’s report, it was revealed that the former head of FIFA was given bribes worth upwards of a $1.5 million in exchange for world cup marketing contracts. This would be a shocking revelation, except for the fact that FIFA is constantly rumored to be on the take. It’s one of the most consistant theories in sports. FIFA is on the take. It’s so talked about in fact, that the following are MORE surprising than this news.
1. The sun will set in the west today.
4. There was gambling happening in Rick’s cafe.
6. Anderson Cooper is gay.
7. People dislike Nickelback.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.