Former FIFA president Brazilian Joao Havelange.
Today, thanks to a Swiss prosecutor’s report, it was revealed that the former head of FIFA was given bribes worth upwards of a $1.5 million in exchange for world cup marketing contracts. This would be a shocking revelation, except for the fact that FIFA is constantly rumored to be on the take. It’s one of the most consistant theories in sports. FIFA is on the take. It’s so talked about in fact, that the following are MORE surprising than this news.
1. The sun will set in the west today.
4. There was gambling happening in Rick’s cafe.
6. Anderson Cooper is gay.
7. People dislike Nickelback.
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- We found an average of about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯