1. Meet Fauja Singh.
2. He is a 101-year-old Indian-born British national.
3. And oh yeah. He’s a badass.
4. He is the world’s oldest marathon runner.
5. He has a killer beard that splits in two and carries him like wings.
6. He also rocks an awesome, yellow dastar (or turban).
7. This weekend he will be competing in his last race ever.
8. In a press conference ahead of this Sunday’s 10km race in Hong Kong, Singh hesitated to use the word “retire,” even though this will be his final race.
9. “I do not really want to hear the word ‘retire’ because I can still run and jump on a bus. It’s a (sense of) negativity that I have never experienced before.”
10. “I fear that when I stop running, people will no longer love me. At the moment, everyone loves me… I hope nobody will forget or ignore me.”
11. “When you become old, you become like a child and you want the attention.”
12. So as Singh races for the final time this weekend.
13. Let’s do him a favor.
14. And give him a little attention.
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀