1. Meet Fauja Singh.
2. He is a 101-year-old Indian-born British national.
3. And oh yeah. He’s a badass.
4. He is the world’s oldest marathon runner.
5. He has a killer beard that splits in two and carries him like wings.
6. He also rocks an awesome, yellow dastar (or turban).
7. This weekend he will be competing in his last race ever.
8. In a press conference ahead of this Sunday’s 10km race in Hong Kong, Singh hesitated to use the word “retire,” even though this will be his final race.
9. “I do not really want to hear the word ‘retire’ because I can still run and jump on a bus. It’s a (sense of) negativity that I have never experienced before.”
10. “I fear that when I stop running, people will no longer love me. At the moment, everyone loves me… I hope nobody will forget or ignore me.”
11. “When you become old, you become like a child and you want the attention.”
12. So as Singh races for the final time this weekend.
13. Let’s do him a favor.
14. And give him a little attention.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏