1. Meet Fauja Singh.
2. He is a 101-year-old Indian-born British national.
3. And oh yeah. He’s a badass.
4. He is the world’s oldest marathon runner.
5. He has a killer beard that splits in two and carries him like wings.
6. He also rocks an awesome, yellow dastar (or turban).
7. This weekend he will be competing in his last race ever.
8. In a press conference ahead of this Sunday’s 10km race in Hong Kong, Singh hesitated to use the word “retire,” even though this will be his final race.
9. “I do not really want to hear the word ‘retire’ because I can still run and jump on a bus. It’s a (sense of) negativity that I have never experienced before.”
10. “I fear that when I stop running, people will no longer love me. At the moment, everyone loves me… I hope nobody will forget or ignore me.”
11. “When you become old, you become like a child and you want the attention.”
12. So as Singh races for the final time this weekend.
13. Let’s do him a favor.
14. And give him a little attention.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈