1. Gene Hackman Was The Original Choice To Play Mike Brady
He wasn't cast because he wasn't well-known enough at the time. The show would have been a little different if Norman Dale, himself, played Mike. "Eight people in the house functioning as one single unit: family, family, family - no one more important that the other!"
2. The Show Was Never A Hit
It ran for years but never cracked number 34 in the Nielsens.
3. Schwartz Once Considered Killing Off Mike Brady
Apparently Robert Reed was difficult off-screen and Schwartz was tired of dealing with him. Ultimately (and obviously) he decided against it.
4. Bathroom? Check. Toilet? Not So Fast
Despite many scenes taking place in the bathroom, there was never a toilet on screen. Standards and Practices wouldn't allow it.
5. The Brady's Sliding Glass Door (Seen Behind Marsha) Never Had Glass
Apparently it caused too many glare issues, so there was always just an empty sliding frame.
6. Sherwood Schwartz Wrote The Show's Theme Song
The man was multi-talented! So now you know who to blame when that ditty gets stuck in your head.
7. Despite Tiger (The Family Dog) Only Being In The First Season, The Doghouse Was On Set For The Show's Full Run
A light had burned a hole in the AstroTurf and the doghouse was kept to hide it.
8. Greg Went Kissless
Greg dated a ton on the show, but we never saw him get a kiss. Bobby on the other hand did have a kissing scene. Proving that it happens when you least expect it. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
9. Carol Brady Was The Only Character Whose Name Never Appeared In The Title Of An Episode
And I bet she didn't appreciate that very much.
10. The Success Of The Lucille Ball/Henry Fonda Film, Yours Mine And Ours Inspired ABC To Greenlight The Show
Proving that networks have always been terrified to take risks.