1. Michael Keaton Was Originally Offered The Role Of Seth Brundle
He turned it down.
2. The Project Was Originally Designed For Tim Burton to Direct
I’m not a huge Burton fan, but he was at the height of his powers in 86. That would have been interesting.
3. At Its Longest, Make-Up Application For Goldblum Took 5 Hours
4. David Cronenberg Makes A Cameo As A Doctor In The Movie
When Cronenberg met Martin Scorcese, Scorcese said that the young director looked like a Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon. The cameo was Cronenberg’s way of winking at this assessment.
5. Scott Rudin And Mel Brooks Both Argued On Behalf Of Hiring Cronenberg
Those are good friends to have.
6. Mel Brooks Hid The Fact That He Was A Producer On The Film
He wanted people to take it seriously.
7. An Opera Based On The Film Was Written By An All Star Creative Team
Academy Award Winner Howard Shore (The Lord Of The Rings) composed the music and Pulitzer Prize Winner David Henry Hwang (M. Butterfly) wrote the libretto. The original production was directed by David Cronenberg in 2008
8. The First And Last Bar Of Music On The Soundtrack Are Taken From Puccini’s Madama Butterfly
9. The Inside Out Baboon Was Operated By Three Puppeteers Wearing Raincoats
Two moved the body while one pumped the blood.
10. Brundlefly’s Vomit Was Made From Honey, Eggs, And Milk
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- The FBI has opened an investigation after 11 Jewish community centers across the US received bomb threats on Monday.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.