1. The Bill Clay Scene Was Added Late Because The Filmmakers Discovered Rickman Did A Great American Accent
By the way this is my favorite “WTF” video online.
2. The Original Die Hard Posters Didn’t Feature Bruce Willis
The studio thought that his image might prevent box office success because he was a TV actor.
3. The German That The Terrorists Speak Is Meaningless And Borderline Gibberish
Grammatically incorrect and nonsensical, the terrorists’s origin had to be changed to “Europe” for the German release of the film.
4. Yippee-ki-yay, Motherfucker
John McClane’s catchphrase translated from Urdu means “Here Eat This, Motherfucker.”
5. Six Actors Had The Role Before Bruce Willis
Oh these hypothetical versions of Die Hard, the Harrison Ford and Mel Gibson versions would be awesome. The other four would be a disaster.
6. Die Hard Was Originally Conceived As A Sequel To Commando
But when Arnold dropped out the movie began to change.
7. The Nakatomi Tower Is Actually 20th Century Fox’s Headquarters
They charged themselves rent to shoot there.
8. Alan Rickman’s Film Debut
He was cast based off his performance in the stage version of Dangerous Liaisons.
9. Die Hard Has Awesome Foreign Translations
They include “Die Manly” (Serbia), “Chrystal Jungle” (Spain), “The Glass Trap” (Poland), and “Give Your Life Expensive” (Hungary).
10. Rickman Couldn’t Shoot Without Flinching
Every time Rickman would pull the trigger, he would flinch because of the noise. John McTiernan tried to cut away each time he shot, but he couldn’t when Rickman shot Takagi so it’s still visible there.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- People are arguing about whether those who are anti-abortion rights should participate in the upcoming Women's March.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact email@example.com to let us know.