When you are a cross-border political junkie and there are two debates in one night, something's gonna get screwed up
1. Wow it's on YouTube I can just stream it?
10. Hmm the host looks like he has his smarts -- but why is he looking into a camera?
11. HOLD ON. THERE'S NO AUDIENCE
12. So everyone just talks to the camera? It's like watching C-SPAN but worse.
13. If the States were doing their debates the same way no one would watch it.
14. I wonder if it's a better way to keep everyone focused on the issues like --- oh HELLO JUSTIN TRUDEAU
15. Trudeau is hot. I mean look at this piece of Canadian royalty.
16. I can't even focus on what he's talking about. What economy winter?? I can literal--no--figuratively feel summer in his eyes.
17. And he's looking into the camera AKA my eyes. Yep HOW YOU DOIN'?
18. OK FOCUS.
19. Harper is talking about cutting taxes now...Why is the Canadian Minister staring at me??
20. He looks really aggressive I'm scared.
21. Yo it's Trudeau again. He's so hot I think I just wet my couch cushion.
22. LOL he just said "be sure 'aboot' the future" so adorable.
23. It still feels weird to have a candidate staring at me during a debate. Even weirder when that candidate isn't Trudeau.
24. I wonder if it's correct to call them candidates ---- after all no one is directly voting for them.
25. Now Mulcair is talking. Mulcair looks like he would host a barbecue and give out burgers to strangers.
26. OK SECOND HALF…
27. Do they feel awkward having to respond to each other while talking into the camera?
28. Harper keeps calling Obama the President. Just call him Barry, I call him Barry. Joe Biden does the same.
29. Hmm now Elizabeth May, I think it's at least the third time you said to Harper "with all due respect."
30. LOL girl the more you say it the less you really mean it.
31. Actually Mulcair looks like my econ professor in college. Very sincere Tommy I think you really cares.
32. Trudeau just talked about protecting the environment for the next generation hmm.
33. I think he really turned me on when he said our children. I know, Justin. OUR CHILDREN.
34. They are really talking a lot about the States wow.
35. Yeah I know the economy is bad but why can't we stop comparing and focusing on solving those issues at home?
36. Trudeau looks really nervous. He's so tense. I wonder if he wants a shoulder massage.
37. They are all talking about how to make the environment better!
38. Looks like all four parties in Canada acknowledge climate change.
39. *Speaking in to a megaphone* DID YOU HEAR THAT MITCH MCCONNELL??
40. OK I don't think he heard me.
41. CANADA ROCKS.
42. Mulcair is so cheerful even when he's talking about unemployment.
43. The way he says Harper gets things wrong is not that different from when a teacher tells a 4th grader he failed his math quiz.
44. I think Mulcair would make a great Santa. For starters, they are both Canadian.
45. OMG Trudeau is picking on Mulcair's French?? LOLOL
46. It's so hard to be consistent in two different languages though. They should do the exact same debate again in French. #lostintranslation
47. Trudeau has three kids already? I'll be their stepmom.
NO SOPHIE. NO.
And that's when I switched to Fox News and started watching the first Republican Primary debate.
Remember when I called the Canadian debate form BORING? But then Fox News's logo appeared on my TV and for a second I thought I was watching American Idol.