2. Here are some stats:
62 BuzzFeed employees have the discounted gym membership. That’s just about 25% of all employees based in New York.
Only 58 of these people have gone to the gym since March.
On average, these gym-goers visit the gym 1.2 times a week.
53% of these gym-goers visit the gym less than once a week.
26% of these gym-goers visit the gym between once and twice a week.
21% of these gym-goers visit the gym more than twice a week.
Employees on the Ad Operations team go the most: 1.4 visits per week.
Employees on the Finance team go the least: 0.9 visits per week.
6. Here are some interesting trends:
7. BuzzFeed employees’ motivation quickly dies after Monday.
Happy Hour on Monday? Not a chance. Sunday? Most definitely. But we didn’t even work? Who cares.
8. Post-Mondays? More like post day one.
Visits to the gym declined steadily after members joined in March. 100% of these employees went to gym during the first week. 72% went to the gym during the second week. And just 64% went during the third week.
9. Testimonies from those who go to the gym often and those who don’t go at all.
10. Raymond S. goes 4.3 times a week!
Raymond of the Editorial team works out in the morning, he says, to “set a productive tone for the day.” Basketball talk in the locker room is something he looks forward to following his workout, too.
11. Melissa C. goes 1.7 times a week!
Sales Planner Melissa goes to the gym about twice weekly. She enjoys exercise about as much as she enjoys paper cuts. She loves delicious food though, so going to the gym keeps her from feeling like a complete glutton. With a gym membership, she says, “My body allows me to eat, drink, dance, and be merry… Life is too short to not give it some healthy, tough love every once in a while.”
12. Jen J. goes 0.7 times a week!
Sales Planner Jen tries to go to the gym twice a week but usually makes it once. Thought of as a way to relieve stress, she finds that the gym has a way of overwhelming her. So, she says, “I workout otherwise by going for a run and playing sports on a team or with friends.”
13. Dorsey S. goes 0.06 times a week!
If you can’t find Dorsey of the Editorial team at work, don’t look for him at the gym. He notes, excitedly, “Lately I’ve been really into kimchi tacos and one song workouts. I pitched three innings of one-run ball for the BuzzFeed softball team the other day, so I think I’m onto something.”
In 6 months, we’ll check these stats again to see if this post drove our colleagues to up their game. But at this rate, it’s doubtful.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- Mexican music legend Juan Gabriel has died at 66. The singer was known for his mariachi tunes and love ballads.
- The 2016 MTV VMAs are airing at 8 p.m. ET tonight. Here are all the nominees 📺🎵