1. “The Last of Us” is the best game of the year so far. It’s the story of an old man and a young woman traveling across a future America plagued by a fungal infection that turns humans into mushroom-zombies.
3. The game’s creators based this infection on the cordyceps fungus, a real-life organism that attacks insect hosts and turns them into nightmarish freaks.
4. OR DID THEY?
5. This is Matango, an obscure 1963 Japanese horror movie.
6. It was also released with the titles Fungus of Terror and Attack of the Mushroom People.
7. It concerns a group of shipwrecked yachters who are marooned on an island.
8. ON WHICH AN EVIL MUSHROOM HAS TURNED EVERYONE INTO MUSHROOM ZOMBIES.
10. NO. NO.
11. DON’T EAT THE MUSHROOM, DUDE…
12. …or there will be a FUNGUS AMONG US.
13. GETITOFF GETITOFF GETITOFF.
14. So. “The Last of Us,” or the second Matango?
15. You decide.
- President Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- Alt-right news platform Breitbart News is set to expand its presence in Italy, BuzzFeed News has learned 📰 🇮🇹
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈