Microsoft’s new console, the Xbox One, may include a variety of features that are unpopular amongst many gamers: a required internet connection, a fee to play used games, and an always-on camera.
The internet has discovered over the past few days that these features aren’t just de rigeur annoyances, but a series of actual moral crimes. Here are the worst of them.
1. The unemployed and underemployed use games to get through the day, and they can’t afford the internet.
@BenKuchera Because video games can be the only thing that gets unemployed/underemployed people through the day.
You know, the unemployed and underemployed people who spend $500 on a play box which has the most realistic combat dogs ever rendered, instead of thirty bucks for the internet, which has Monster.com.
2. The always-on camera can spy on you doing all the things you normally do in front of the television.
3. The Xbox One is a massive intellectual property crime against Sony.
4. It’s xenophobic.
5. It breaks European law.
6. We’re not all lawyers, KAY?
7. It’s unfair to the US military.
Actually, that last one is a pretty good point. TO THE HAGUE
- A judge has blocked Trump's order to deny funds to sanctuary cities that "refuse to comply" with immigration authorities.
- Surprise, surprise. Navient, formerly known as Sallie Mae, is the most complained-about financial company in the US 🎓💰
- The humanitarian crisis in Venezuela is so bad that people are walking over to Brazil to get the food and medicines they need.
- One year after Beyoncé released 'Lemonade,' she's set up a scholarship for women in college called the Formation Scholars 🍋